Kristian Hatton aka Kayhat is editor and main author for Haarp Media, and a DJ. He is affiliated with a lot of other crews, but is really just a gigantic fanboy of the Melbourne beats scene.
1. L-Burn Illuminati – Eight Arms (Octo Marvelous) (self-released)
I know every word to this song.
2. Trentemoller – Moan (Trentemoller Rmx) (Poker Flat)
Still one of the best tech-house songs after all of these years.
3. LV (feat. Dandelion) – CCTV (Hyperdub)
Him was just walkin’ around, walkin’ around town… One of my favourite dub songs on one of my favourite labels.
4. Rachel Haircut – Flower Clap (Uncomfortable Beats)
It’s the footwork bit in this song that slays me.
5. Two Fingers – Fool’s Rhythm (Ninja Tune)
6. Souls of Mischief – 93 Til Infinity
So many memories as a juvenille skateboarding delinquent up this piece.
7. Defunkt Dialekt – Beyond The Clockwork Horizon (Irrational Media Society)
This song goes to so many amazing places.
8. Venetian Snares – Integraation (Planet Mu)
This is the best breakcore song in the universe. I ain’t playin’ wit you.
9. Beddageddabeddabeat (Feat.Dyslexic CM) – Warpa!nt (Hopskotch Records)
One of the best dubstep producers in Australia, and one of the biggest dubstep anthems under the radar this year.
10. Phrizzm – Bending Shadows Towards the Light (Benbecula Records)
This track melts my heart.